Monday, October 7, 2013

Homemade London Fog

Okay, so back in the summer I was introduced to a drink called London Fog; you may have heard of it. It's an earl grey tea latte with steamed milk and vanilla syrup. I was a bit hesitant  to give it a try at first because I am not a big risk taker when it comes to drinks, and I'll be honest, I love my Tetley Tea! However, while away one weekend with my girlfriends I finally decided to give it a try and I've been hooked ever since. Not good since a Grande at Starbucks will cost you $4.80.

So after enough nagging from my husband to stop spending so much money on drinks, I scoured the internet for homemade recipes (and when I say scour, I mean I went to Pinterest and searched Google). After a little experimentation I have finally made the recipe my own. It's quick, easy and my husband likes it too!

Let's get started.

You'll need:
  • Earl Grey Tea Bag
  • 1 tbsp. of vanilla syrup
  • 1 cup of boiling water
  • 1/2 cup of heated milk
  • Cinnamon (optional)
Directions:
  1. Put the vanilla syrup in a mug and add the tea bag.
  2. Pour in boiling water and let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
  3. In the meantime, heat the milk in the microwave for 55 seconds and froth with a milk frother (works best) or a whisk.
  4. Using a spoon to 'hold' the froth, pour the milk in the tea and add the froth on top.
  5. Add a dash of cinnamon on top if desired.
That's it! There is really nothing to it. If you're going to make these often, I would invest in a hand held milk frother. I bought mine at Home Outfitters for only $9.99!


This latte also pairs nicely with homemade apple cinnamon muffins - but that' a post for another day.

Enjoy!

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment