Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Baked Avocado & Egg Breakfast

You might have seen this recipe all over Pinterest, but it looked so delicious that I had to try it for myself. And while I was worried it would be one of the grossest things I've had had, it was pleasantly delicious!

For one serving, all you need is one avocado, two eggs, and the spices of your choice (I used salt, pepper, and a little basil). For one half I sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese on top. So good!

Simply cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop out excess avocado to make a little 'bowl', and and crack an egg in each piece and add the spices of your choice. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (cooking times may vary, but long enough for the egg to fully cook).

I would suggest using a larger avocado or the egg will spill over.


If you haven't tried this yet, I would highly encourage you to. It's super healthy and delicious (especially when you add a little tomato on the side)! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment